Today’s SEO and SEM rely on high-quality content marketing and utilizing every available media channel to deliver your content in order to grow your business. The ultimate goal, of course, is to drive more targeted traffic to your website and increase your sales conversion rate. One of the easier ways to generate content so it can be delivered to your website visitors is by podcasting. When it’s done properly, the main benefit is its incorporation into your overall SEO and SEM strategies.
Since SEO is essential to achieving a higher ranking in the SERP’s (search engine results pages), an effective SEM or SEO campaign will help you build a stronger online presence for your brand, your company, and your products or services. Here are 5 ways that podcasts can help your SEO and SEM:
• Interview people in your podcasts to leverage your target audience – podcast interviews are basically the same thing as a guest blog post. When you interview an authority figure who is recognized as an industry or niche expert, it helps you as well as them. The interviewee gains additional authority and will eventually share the interview with their own target audience. If the interview focuses on SEO from the beginning, you’ll be able to motivate the interviewee to link with, share, or tweet to one of your webpages with your podcast.
• It helps you establish yourself as the authority or expert in your field and your industry – podcasts enable you to generate a target audience and engage them a discussion (social activity). In so doing, you will attract links from higher quality and more relevant websites.
• Optimize your podcasts in order to show up in directories such as iTunes and Stitcher – these are similar to mini search engines when you think about it. So when someone is performing a search query, your podcasts or podcast pages will show up in the SERP’s when they are optimized. This is basically the same way YouTube videos are embedded in blogs and webpages and show up in the rankings. Whenever it’s possible, you should calibrate the titles and descriptions of your podcasts, incorporate customizable URL’s, and utilize targeted, relevant content in your podcasts.
• Podcasts generate what are called “social signals” which Google and the other search engines listen to when ranking your website – since you can generate social signals such as the number of inbound links, likes, re-tweets, and shares, your website will achieve a higher ranking in the SERP’s.
• You can better optimize conversions – just like YouTube videos, you can embed your podcasts. This will help you to add more relevant, valuable content to your site.
The future of rankings in the SERP’s is SEO that is content-driven. Consequently, podcasts are becoming an effective way to accomplish that. From video and audio podcasts to a host of other visual mediums, search options are increasing every day.